Access Israel Association (“Access Israel”) was founded in 1999 and
since then has served the large disabled population in Israel (more
then 500,000 people).
The promotion and integration of people with disabilities into Israeli
society in order to enable them a life of dignity, respect and maximum
The fulfillment of Access Israel’s Vision through its unique projects
enables people with disabilities to live in honor and equality and
especially enables them to fulfill their personal potential.
In the 21st century, the State of Israel is still not accessible. Unlike
other Western Countries, in the State of Israel most public buildings,
municipal offices, courts, clinics, museums, theaters, hotels,
playgrounds, parks, commercial areas etc. are not accessible to
people with disabilities. Therefore, they are closed to this public and
their families and friends, preventing people with disabilities from
enjoying and using such facilities and living an equal and normal life.
1. Making as many public locations as possible accessible.
2. Promoting equality between people with disabilities and the rest
3. Increasing awareness among the general public, planners and
decision makers regarding accessibility.
4. Promoting assistive technology and accessibility of information
(internet, cellular, television, software and appliances).
5. Promoting employment of people with disabilities in the open market.
6. Improving professional knowledge regarding accessibility among
planners, architects and engineers.
7. Improving service to people with disabilities in the government and